iphone 12 – iPhone revenue figures solidify Apple’s dominance in the global smartphone market
Samsung and Xiaomi may be by far the best in global smartphone shipments, but when it comes to real-world smartphone revenue, the equation changes dramatically. Apple iPhone sales are far ahead of both Samsung and Xiaomi, solidifying their dominance in the global smartphone market.
by Latest report According to leading research firm Counterpoint, Apple accounted for 41% of global smartphone OEM revenue in the second quarter of 2021, up 7 percentage points from 34% in the year-ago quarter.
In the second quarter of 2021, there were no smartphone OEMs in the revenue segment that could match Apple’s performance. The top-performing smartphone shipments, such as Xiaomi, Samsung, Oppo, and Vivo, haven’t won even half of what Apple has won in the past year. NS Record high sales of iPhone 12 series We’ve helped Apple widen the gap quarterly.
Apple iPhone Revenue: Big Picture
- Global smartphone sales reached $ 96 billion in the second quarter of 2021, up 25% year-on-year.
- Apple won 41% of the global smartphone revenue market in the second quarter of 2021.
- With the increase of iPhone ASP iPhone record high sales The second quarter helped Apple increase its market share by 7 percentage points over the past year.
- Despite aggressive marketing strategies and campaigns to promote the Ultra Premium Galaxy S21, S21 Ultra and Galaxy Fold 2, Smasung earned only 15% of the global smartphone revenue market in the second quarter of 2021.
- Samsung’s global smartphone revenue market share fell from 17% in the second quarter of 2020 to 15% in the second quarter of 2021.
- Samsung was the only OEM among the top smartphone vendors, with a declining revenue share and shipping share.
- Xiaomi, which secured the second place on the list of top smartphone vendors in smartphone shipments, accounted for 9% of the global smartphone revenue share in the second quarter of 2021.
- One of the main reasons behind Xiaomi’s lower-than-expected share was its dominance in the entry, budget, and midrange price segments.
- Unlike Apple and Samsung, the majority of Xiaomi’s smartphone quarterly sales fall into the less than $ 300 price range.
- Oppo and Vivo each won 9% of the global smartphone revenue market in the second quarter of 2021.
Food for thought
Apple, the world’s first listed tech company with a market capitalization of over $ 2 trillion, may have stopped disclosing the number of iPhones it sells quarterly, but revenue figures show the growing popularity of iPhones. .. NS iPhone 12 Pro Max sales skyrocket – The most expensive iPhone Apple has ever made – has shut down critics who ridiculed Apple for launching the device at such an exorbitant price.
Finally, it turns out that Apple is well on its way to not compromising on price and quality and falling into the trap of number games. After all, it’s not just sales, but profits and profits that are of paramount importance to investors, markets, and the management of any company.
iPhone revenue figures solidify Apple’s dominance in the global smartphone market
Source link iPhone revenue figures solidify Apple’s dominance in the global smartphone market