PS5 – Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut: Complete Preorder Guide
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is set to release for PS4 and PS5 on August 20. It includes the full original game, plus the Iki Island expansion, an online co-op mode, and a number of digital extras. It’s available to preorder right now at a number of retailers (see it at Amazon).
If you already own Ghost of Tsushima, you don’t need to buy the whole thing again. We have full details about the various upgrade paths below, as well as info about preorder bonuses and more. Let’s get on with it.
Preorder Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut for PS5
Preorder Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut for PS4
Here’s everything that comes in both versions of the game:
- Full Ghost of Tsushima game
- Iki Island expansion
- Legends online co-op mode
- Digital mini art book
- Director’s commentary
- One Technique Point
- Charm of Hachiman’s Favor
- Hero of Tsushima Skin Set
Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut PS5 Version Features
The PS5 version has a handful of upgrades over the PS4 version. Here they are, according to Sony:
- Dynamic 4K resolution targeting 60fps (requires compatible 4K TV or display)
- DualSense wireless controller haptic feedback and adaptive trigger resistance
- 3D Audio with stereo headphones (analogue or USB)
- Lip sync for Japanese voiceover
- Ability to transfer PS4 saved progress to PS5 game
What If You Already Own Ghost of Tsushima?
Here’s where things get a little complicated.
If you already have the PS4 version of the game, you can upgrade to the PS4 version of the Directors Cut for $19.99 on the PlayStation Store beginning on August 20.
If you have the PS4 version and you want to upgrade to the PS5 version of the Directors Cut, you can do so for $29.99 on the PlayStation Store beginning on August 20.
If you have the PS4 version of the Director’s Cut, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for $10 beginning on August 20.
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut Preorder Bonus
Preorder the digital version from the PlayStation Store, and you’ll receive the following items:
- Ghost of Tsushima digital mini soundtrack with 2 new bonus tracks.
- Ghost of Tsushima 11 pieces of artwork.
Other Preorder Guides
Chris Reed is a commerce editor for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @_chrislreed.