xbox Series X – Are Among Us Crewmate, Imposter, and Ejected Editions Worth It?
Three new Among Us Collector’s Editions are available for pre-order right now, each containing a range of physical collectibles for the hit game.
Among Us, the multiplayer deduction title from Innersloth was one of the biggest surprises of 2020. Despite launching two years earlier, the indie game saw a massive surge in popularity during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic. Among Us‘ social-focused gameplay and free-to-play mobile edition are often held up as the main reasons that it took off as well as it did.
In 2020, mobile users made up 97% of Among Us players, though the PC version still generated more revenue for Innersloth. However, there’s good news for those hardcore or physical-copy fans out there, as three console collector’s editions have recently been announced. The Crewmate, Imposter, and Ejected Among Us editions all come with a variety of physical goodies. But are they worth the money?
Among Us Crewmate Edition
The first edition on our list is the most reasonably priced of the three. Players are now able to pre-order the Among Us Crewmate Edition for $30. For the same price as most mid-range videogames, fans can pick up a selection of physical collectibles, including a hard copy of the game:
- Among Us physical copy for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, or Switch, contained in a 3D Lenticular case.
- All DLC items and downloadable content, including pets, mini-crewmates, and themed skins.
- Bonus retail-exclusive downloadable content, though there are no details on what this might include as yet.
- Imposter Syndrome sticker sheet, designed by Alyssa Herman.
- 1 of 12 Mira HQ Holographic Access Cards, designed by Hannako Lambert.
- Poster of the Among Us Skeld map, designed by Cannon Kissane
- Redeemable code for 6 Among Us PC and mobile wallpapers, designed by Innersloth’s Amy Liu.
Overall, the Crewmate Edition offers a pretty good range of collectibles for just $30, particularly for players who were planning on picking up Among Us for their console anyway.
Among Us Imposter Edition
The next tier of Among Us collector’s editions is the Imposter Edition, which offers a few extra goodies on top of the Crewmate. Players can pick up this edition for $50, an increase of $20 over the previous tier.
- Everything from the Crewmate Edition.
- Crewmate vs. Imposter Lanyard, designed by Hannako Lambert.
- Purple Crewmate Plushie, designed by Hannko Lambert.
- Spinning Into Space Enamel Spinner-Pin, designed by Cynthia Her.
While the extra Among Us items in the Imposter Edition are a lot more substantial than those in the Crewmate Edition, there are only three of them. This makes it harder to recommend at $20 more.
Among Us Ejected Edition
The final Among Us Collector’s Edition is one for the mega-fans, containing the most collectibles and a limited edition steelbook. The Ejected Edition will set players back a substantial $90.
- Everything from Crewmate and Imposter Editions contained in a special Ejected Edition box.
- Instead of the 3D Lenticular case, players will receive the physical game in a Limited Edition Steelbook.
- Crewmate fleece blanket, designed by Hannako Lambert.
- Red Imposter beanie, designed by Hannako Lambert.
The Ejected Edition contains a ludicrous amount of collectibles and bonuses, so die-hard fans may seriously want to consider picking it up. However, for casual players, it’s harder to recommend with its hefty price tag being tough to overlook.
Among Us is available now for Mobile, PC, and Switch. PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S versions are in development.
MORE: How To Type In Among Us
No Man’s Sky Vs Subnautica: How Early Access Shapes Player Perspective