Xiaomi – Report: sales of Samsung Galaxy S21 series are lower than S20, S10 sales
Senpaichi, 6 hours agoThat’s not what I mean. I meat that S21 feels like it was intentionally comprosmised just… moreThe entire iPhone lineup is compromised, the 12 Pro Max is just larger with bigger battery, not much improvement while Samsung reserved the best for their ultra model. Even the non ultra variants offer way more than the whole iPhone 12 lineup
Anonymous, 6 hours agoCan anybody tell me where can I buy the Galaxy S21 Area 51 edition? Lol 😂 what Edition is that?? Never heard Samsung sell something like that officially..
Anonymous, 4 hours agoYet more people buy the iPhone because it is superior in the user experience, so joke’s on youMore people buying an iPhone isn’t an achievement, nor does it make the iPhones a better phone.
Just like in movies, the commercially successful movies aren’t necessarily the best movies out there.
Anonymous, 6 hours agoWhat exactly are they finding out about Exynos? They don’t even know what chipset is in t… moreThey only know the MPX of their cameras and the name of the brand, and you may be asking too much
Samsung needs to cease the marketing gimmicks designed to sell more phones to fools and focus on expanding the actual utility of their devices.
1) End the Multiple Camera Gimmick: I still can’t fathom why any phone needs more than two cameras. Surely all that is needed is just ONE camera on the front for video calls and selfies, and ONE more main camera on the rear which has a higher resolution and a higher framerate.
2) End the Screen Gimmicks: Give us a flat bezeless FHD 16:9 1-120hz variable refresh always on OLED display. Anything more than that is a gimmick. On such a small screen any resolution higher than that will drain the battery for what is ultimately a negligible improvement to perceived detail. Ultra tall nearing 21:9 screens should also be ended since most video content is then pillar boxed or cropped. Curved aka wrap-around screens should also be ended since they introduce visual geometric distortions around the edges of the screen that negatively affect our ability to view the entirety of the content being shown. The single pin-hole camera should be retained and the notch should not be reintroduced.
3) Include a Pen and Silo in every Galaxy S phone: So we can use the phone as a notepad and sketchpad. Students taking notes in classes; journalists taking notes in conferences; artists drawing their subjects/objects; merchants, accountants and engineers doing calculations etc the use cases are endless and is marketing gold because of the REAL utility that would be present in this feature.
4) Include Front Facing Stereo Speakers: So audio is balanced, undistorted and directed towards the person at all times and in all positions.
5) Include a dedicated wired audio jack: So we can use a good set of wired headphones without concerns of having issues with the loss in audio quality of wireless or the juggling hassle of not having enough ports and of charging multiple devices.
6) Include a hot-swapable card reader (not on the sim tray) integrated into the frame of the phone: So we don’t have to carry around bulky dongles and drives.
7) Include a digital radio (AM/FM) and digital TV tuner: So users always have a means of receiving information even when in emergency situations such as when networks go down or when users run out of data.
8) Include a user removable back cover on the phone and a user replaceable battery: So we can swap out batteries during the day as we see fit anywhere anytime. The replaceable back cover would also have the added bonus of allowing each person to customize the look of their phone with custom covers.
9) Include a USB stick in the box which contains a first party Phone Manager Software for Windows and Mac computers: So we can interact with our phones through our computers. Make or receive calls and texts on our desktop, use the phone as a modem, manage our contacts, manage our backups, manage our files and transfer data such as messages, videos, audio, pictures, documents, archives etc back and forth.
10) Include a Charger and Cable in the box but leave out the headphones.
11) Uniform hardware across the world: When purchasing a specific device (Galaxy S22 for example) everyone should receive the same internal hardware specification (CPU, GPU, RAM, MEM, Modems, Display, Battery etc). Do not sell a product with superior internals to one group of people (USA, PRC and Korea) and inferior internals to another group of people (International)! This destroys the trust people have in your brand!
I don’t know where else to post this list so I’m posting it here in the hope that an analyst in the Samsung marketing department picks up on this and passes it up the line to someone who has authority to improve the companies products.
Anonymous, 1 hour agoMaybe they’re not expensive enough to get people’s attentionBro you buy phone to attract people’s attention ☠️☠️☠️
Maybe they’re not expensive enough to get people’s attention
This is what happens when you decide not to lower the prices of your smartphones. S21 series is still expensive as compared to xiaomi devices. Xiaomi in the same range gives more features. Another shit reason is the removal of charging brick from the box, at one time they were making fun of iphone for removing charging brick and now they are walking in their shoes now how stupid is that!!!
S10 was 2x better phone than S21. I owned both of them I know. S21 was very big disappointment, for me, in working stability and building materials. And how you can lock display resolution for 1080p in phone that costs 850 EUR??? Samsung was the last Android device that can stand in front of IPHONE, but not anymore. Now I own Iphone 12 Pro and that more stable and better in building materials then S21 series.
Maybe it’s something to do with removing the sd card slot, they did it with the s6 and they had terrible sales
Many like me have been slowly increasing sd size over the years. I’ve got a 1tb card full of music and pictures, with no sd card slot and no note series ill be jumping ship too. They think there apple and can charge what they want for substandard products, but there’s too much choice in the android space for them to act like apple
It’s obvious S20E and A series have eaten up market share from their flagship S series. Those are better deals in many way. S21 series should be cheaper by at least another 100 dollar. Samsung is still doing well but their multi series strategy is cannibalising where technology are almost as good between series.
May they can provide a breakdown what market has the highest or lower purchase rate. I mean US has the SD and global market has Exynos. Surely some people disliked the fact that exynos 2100 is not appealing compared to a cheaper Xiaomi/ POCO with SD installed.
I regret it myself. It only comes with only a cable.
Anonymous, 8 hours agoBase iPhone 12 is much worse when compared to the base S21
iPhone 12 has a much smaller bat… moreYet more people buy the iPhone because it is superior in the user experience, so joke’s on you
S10 the last Samsung flagship with the headphone jack.
At this price point i want snapdragon processer and i am a samsung fan since 6 years and i know the heating issue with every s series but this time i didn’t buy because of the exynox processor
Anonymous, 4 hours agoOnly vanilla S21 has plastic back, rest have Victus glass on both front and back.
And that pl… moreI don’t disagree. But it should be cheaper. Also, the build quality is the least of my problems…
impinas, 6 hours agoWell… with plastic backs, 1080p displays, flat screens, no headphone jack, no memory slot, n… moreOnly vanilla S21 has plastic back, rest have Victus glass on both front and back.
And that plastic is actually glastic… Feels like glass, the looks especially the dual color tone finish is so premium.
- Religious Playboy
[deleted post]You should have seen the look on my colleague’s face 😔 when he realized that my OP9 was fully charged during our 30 min lunch break.
His iPhone 12 pro Max only managed to reach a mere 37% during that time.
The look on his face was priceless. He asked me… how come my OP9 that cost around 500€ cheaper than his phone, was able to complete the task so quickly.
All I had for a reply was that even 200€ devices (eg: Realme lineup) have 65W fast charging and will charge three times faster than his overpriced toy.
joao1973, 7 hours agoI think that happens because people keep their phones longer, im a perfect example of that I u… moreWhy not replace the battery? zzz…
[Xiaomi – Report: sales of Samsung Galaxy S21 series are lower than S20, S10 sales